Confidence is a state of mind. It is the reflection of a person’s ability to believe in themselves and their strengths like knowledge, opinions, views, ideas, skills, judgments, efforts, with a positive attitude to succeed. For a number of people, confidence seems to come naturally. For others, it’s somewhat that needs to be worked at and nurtured.
CONFIDENCE CHANGES YOUR LIFE
What is confidence?
Nobody is born with confidence. Confidence is something you slowly build up over time. Confidence leads you to success. Confidence is all about believing in your ability to succeed. Believing in yourself is what permits you to stand up and reach your potential. When you believe in yourself you are more likely to be confident. Confidence may seem like a little thing, but it can have a massive impact on your life. To the contrary, less confidence does not lead to success. Confidence does not mean a reflection of your resources, assets, money or power. Confidence is a feeling of trust in your abilities, qualities, risk takings, decision taking abilities & judgment capabilities. Confidence also reflects the inner strength. Self-confidence is very important for psychological well-being.
Confidence is not an inherited thing; it is built by hard work & come through practice. People work hard for years, put in a lot of energy, and develop the power to gain self-confidence. Many successful people do talk about the role of confidence in their success but they usually do not talk about how it is earned. We generally observe people enjoying their work, feel happy and proud of their decisions they made in the past to shape their future. People with self-confidence do their work very efficiently. Confident people always take their approach positive, even when things aren’t going so well, and they feel dissatisfied.
Some people have superficial confidence that is called pseudo. This overconfidence is problematic and leads to failure. People with overconfidence believe that they can do anything – even without having the necessary skills, abilities, and knowledge to do that well.
“Low self-confidence isn’t a life sentence. Self-confidence can be learned, practiced, and mastered–just like any other skill. Once you master it, everything in your life will change for the better.” –Barrie Davenport
“You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you” – James Allen
Why is confidence required?
To get success in any spectrum of life, you need confidence. Confidence allows you to stand up for yourself in a fair and constant manner. Confidence plays an important role in putting your opinions/ideas/views strongly. Confidence increases your convincing powers which attract other people to you. Confidence gives you an immense power to deal with your personal, social, familiar, romantic, business, job, and financial conditions. Confidence gives you the expertise to handle setbacks and failures. Understanding ourselves and our potentials is extremely important to build confidence.
How to gain confidence?
- Have a belief that you are a good person.
- Admit that you make mistakes, but accept responsibility.
- Stay aim orientated & be proud of your accomplishments.
- Persuade people around you and respect their observations.
- Experience the power you have, to change things.
- Always look for solutions to any problems.
- Think positive, act positive & kill negative thoughts.
- Maintain a constructive support network.
- Learn to admire & adore yourself.
- Be patient with yourself.
- Do not compare yourself to others.
- Be aware of your insecurities.
- Be societal.
- Accept complements gracefully.
- Be cheerful & know you ought to have it.
- Accept who you are.
- Do stuffs you enjoy.
- Dress nicely & spruce yourself.
- Avoid perfectionism.
- Exercise regularly & sleep well.
When people lack confidence, they can have some or all of the following features
- Lack of knowledge & Poor information.
- Be conclusive of yourself or others.
- Feel you are not as good as others.
- Feel your future is in dark.
- Listen negative aspects & things.
- Doubting their abilities to do a task.
- Lack of self esteem.
- Ignoring positive feedback.
- Anxiety, apprehension.
- Social anxiety/ phobia.
- Experiencing guilt.
- Wrong deed.
- Take things & people for granted.
- Blame yourself & others.
- Never take accountability & feel sorry.
- Feel drained & slothful all the time.
- Fear of criticism, or feel that other people have more knowledge or confidence.
- Sensitive to criticism.
- Many surroundings factors.
How UDGAM will help you to boost your confidence?
We at UDGAM firmly believe that a therapy can be extremely useful for a person who is facing confidence issues. Each one of us faces confidence issue at some point of time in his/her life. But when less-confidence starts disturbing your work, your social life, your education, your professional responsibilities, and your family, you must go for therapy. Gaining confidence is not an overnight phenomenon but it takes a long time. With doing some change in your personality & having some change in your practices, you can be a self-confident person. Our Therapists at UDGAM help you to know about these changes with proper guidance.
To gain confidence, we have some tips for you
- Identify and acknowledge the problem.
- Analysis of positive & negative things in life.
- Accept your strengths & weaknesses.
- Give proper time to know the subject & do practice.
- Analyze the situation and stay positive.
- Soft skill training & change body language.
- Adopt a cheerful and positive outlook.
- Accept failure gracefully & never give up.
- Don’t procrastinate.
- Avoid perfectionism.
- Do more of what makes you happy.
- Stand-up for yourself and avoid other people’s perceptions.
- Regularly monitor your progress.
- Use criticism as a learning tool.